Distinctive Italian restaurant serving classic dishes in the heart of Tollcross.
Piccolino feels more like a quaint trattoria perched on the Italian coast than a restaurant bang in the middle of Tollcross. Inside it’s bright and full of character; bottles of wine, cocktail glasses and gigantic orange bottles of Aperol are stacked on every spare surface. There’s a Vespa pulled up in the doorway and Italian cooking shows play on loop on a big screen. The menu is reassuringly simple with a concise selection of classic Italian dishes. Meatballs in a rich tomato sauce and garlicky mussels are standout starters, both served with generous chunks of toasted focaccia. Pasta is made to order and served al dente; seafood lovers should try the spaghetti vongole, which is drenched in a white wine sauce and delicately decorated with clams. The paccheri is a heartier dish, served with tender chunks of Scottish venison in a sumptuous ragù. The wine list is small but lovingly sourced, with each bottle carefully selected by the owner from vineyards near his home in southern Italy.
Italian restaurant serving fresh pasta and handmade Italian delicacies served truly by Chef Antonio Lipari.
Always freshly prepared with simple, delicious ingredients.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: Through Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Italian pop
- Live entertainment: Live music for special occasions eg. New Year
- Capacity: 35
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2017 (October)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £15.45 per bottle