Located in the heart of Tollcross, newcomer Piccolino serves classic Italian dishes and a neat late-afternoon aperitivo.
With its bright blue exterior, Piccolino is a relatively new addition to the Tollcross restaurant scene. The decor is more toned-down inside, with navy banquettes, wine racks and glasses adorning the walls. Attracting locals and their fair share of hotel guests, they serve a classic British-Italian menu; cured meats, pastas, aubergine dishes and breads. All the pasta is served perfectly al dente, with the fresh pesto linguine standing out as particularly tasty – some dishes like the spaghetti vongole could do with a bigger favour punch. They offer a good, reasonably priced children’s menu and their aperitivo offer (starter with a glass of wine, beer or soft drink for a bargain price) is a novel version of a pre-theatre. Staff are warm, and happy to direct you to their favourites on the menu.
Italian restaurant serving fresh pasta and handmade Italian delicacies served truly by Chef Antonio Lipari.
Always freshly prepared with simple, delicious ingredients.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: ask for details
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Italian music
- Live entertainment: Live music for special occasions eg. New Year
- Capacity: 53
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2017 (October)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £15 per bottle