Cannonball Whisky Bar
- Telephone 0131 225 1550
- Opening times Tue–Sat noon–10pm.
- Bar open Tue–Sat noon–midnight. Closed Sun/Mon.
- Food served Tue–Sat noon–9pm. Closed Sun/Mon.
- Website www.contini.com/cannonball
The famed Contini hospitality continues in a classy, whisky-driven Scottish atmosphere at the top of the Royal Mile.
Cannonball Restaurant’s own whisky bar has a generous stash of single malts behind its bar (though there’s plenty of Edinburgh Gin too). The split-level bar is spacious, high-ceilinged and panelled in dark wood with a great view down the Royal Mile from one end. The bar also has a good selection of bottled craft beers with locally brewed Paolozzi lager on tap, and a pretty decent wine list too. An extended happy hour (3—6pm) sees great deals on cocktails and oysters on offer for a pound each. You can slurp them with lemon or tabasco, or a two thousand year-old special Roman sauce (that’s the age of the recipe, not the sauce itself). Alternatively nibble on the house special: their cannonballs are actually Finlay’s of Portobello haggis balls in breadcrumbs, which you can enjoy with the house serve – a dram of Glengoyne 10-year old. If you’d like something more substantial, blow out on the afternoon tea menu or share a (very) early high tea of fish and chips with tea and bread and butter.
Our cosy bar lists over 120 Scotch whiskies and is open for lunch, cocktails and pre or post dinner drinks.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 40 (18 outdoors)
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £24 per bottle