- Telephone 0131 278 3410
- Opening times Sun–Thu noon–11pm; Fri & Sat noon–11.30pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–11pm; Sat 11am–11.30pm; Sun noon–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times noon–7pm
- Pre-theatre price £26.50
- Website www.gauchorestaurants.com/restaurants/…
Hedonism, glamour and outstanding steaks are the hallmarks of this Argentinian steakhouse brand.
From outside on St Andrew Square, it’s impossible to guess that Gaucho is so big. But as you walk down the stairs from the bar to your table, you realise you’re in for a very special experience. It’s certainly glamorous, a place to dress up for. But their phenomenal steaks are worth the effort. These stars of the menu are described in Spanish, but don’t panic: amicable staff will soon be over to walk you through every cut. Their beef comes from grass-fed Argentinian Aberdeen Angus cows and is so tender you won’t need a steak knife. Packed full of flavour, each steak comes with a salad seasoned with parmesan and sunflower seeds but you’ll need to add sides (which soon add up on the bill). But never mind, throw caution to the wind and dive into an excellent wine list, particularly the malbecs from their own vineyards. After all, there’s nothing wrong in treating yourself once in a while.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/new-town/gaucho-edinburgh
- Private dining: Up to 14 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Club anthems
- Live entertainment: DJ every Saturday afternoon
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 63
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 22
- House wine: £26 per bottle
Reviews & features
New Edinburgh opening, Gaucho, is a steak-lovers paradise10 Nov 2017
Famed steakhouse arrives in St Andrew's Square
The most recent addition to Edinburgh's St Andrew Square development is Gaucho, the world renowned Argentinian steakhouse with other restaurants in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Dubai, Hong Kong and Buenos Aires. The opening brings Chef…