Mexican restaurant and bar with fiery cocktails, plenty of tequila and traditional cuisine on the menu.
Diablo Loco’s décor flirts with skull candy art but marries Mexican kitsch, with sombreros as lightshades and piñatas hanging from the ceiling. Tequila and mezcal are the heads of this debauched family, engendering six different Margaritas and scary cocktails such as Aztec Sacrifice (Nuestra soledad, blood orange, cherry herring, sweet vermouth). For the fainter-hearted, there’s a good range of beers – Mexican and British – with Estrella the lead on tap. Food is fiery and copious, with smaller plates like pork belly croquettes, a range of tacos and six carefully chosen mains including baked chicken enchilada and swordfish steak. Ingredients like pineapple and lime (a great couple), ewe’s cheese and pomegranate feature throughout, making the food a clear cut above the average British Mexican. You’ll be lucky to have room left for churros and dulce de leche.
- Private dining: Up to 70 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funk, soul, disco
- Live entertainment: They are hoping to have soundproofing installed by next summer and to have DJs
- Capacity: 50 seated
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £16 per bottle