Mexican restaurant and bar with fiery cocktails, plenty of tequila and mezcal and traditional cuisine on the menu.
Diablo Loco’s decor flirts with skull candy art and Mexican kitsch, with sombreros as lightshades and piñatas hanging from the ceiling. Tequila and mezcal are joint heads of this debauched family, creating six different margaritas plus scary cocktails like Aztec Sacrifice (Nuestra Soledad, blood orange, cherry herring, sweet vermouth). For the fainter-hearted there is a good range of Mexican and British beers, with Estrella the lead on tap. Food is fiery and copious, with smaller plates like pork belly croquettes, a range of tacos and six mains including baked chicken enchilada and swordfish steak. Pineapple and lime (a great couple), ewe’s cheese and pomegranate feature throughout, making the food a clear cut above the average UK Mexican. If you’re lucky though, you’ll be lucky to have room left for churros and dulce de leche.
- Private dining: Up to 70 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funk, soul, disco
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £16 per bottle