This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 229 5620
- Bar open Mon noon–9pm, Tue–Thu noon–10pm, Fri/Sat noon–midnight. Closed Sun.
- Food served Mon noon–8pm, Tue–Thu noon–9pm, Fri/Sat noon–11pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £12 (includes free drink); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.theveenocompany.com
Wine bar offering lunches, platters and aperitivo of Italian snacks coupled with a good range of Italian vino.
The Veeno chain is installing itself across the country in parts of cities where folk who earn a bob or two might congregate after work. The perfectly pleasant concept is a wine café, where you enjoy a few glasses over spuntini – snacks like involtini (little filled rolls) and caponata (aubergine stew) – or sharing platters of cheese and meats. The Sicilian wines come from the family vineyards of one of the Veeno founders, and include zero wines, produced almost without sugar (which taste quite like orange wine). There are interesting wines from all across Italy and at lunchtime you can get a free wine, prosecco or beer with your salad or panini.
- Private dining: 20 people for wine tasting
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Background music
- Capacity: 70 (20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 25
- House wine: £16 per bottle