The Wine House 1821
- Telephone 0131 557 1821
- Opening times Sun–Thurs until 11pm, Fri/Sat until 1am.
- Bar open Sun–Thurs noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Sun–Thurs noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Website www.winehouse1821.co.uk
This Zonin Winery collaboration delivers a contemporary, Italian-focused wine bar.
Lovers of fine wine and Italian food may perhaps raise an eyebrow on hearing that Wine House 1821 is the brainchild of Sep Marini, MD of the popular Tony Macaroni restaurant chain. But their reaction would be misplaced as he has teamed up with Zonin wines to bring a touch of sophistication and refinement to Picardy Place. An unassuming Georgian facade hints towards the understated, grown-up interior of this wine-bar-with-rooms. Pale wooden-clad walls and a back counter filled with bottles (all available to take home) gives the sense of walking into an exclusive wine cellar that's just waiting to be plundered. The extensive wine list with expected emphasis on regional Italian varieties is accompanied by a light menu with imported offerings from most regions of Italy. Montepulciano classico goes perfectly with a buffalo mozzarella, tomato and pesto focaccia (like an Italian toastie), while the antipasti combo platter offers a little taste of everything. Sophisticated, grown up and chic.
The Wine House 1821 is Edinburgh’s newest destination venue created by Sep Marini & Zonin Wines.
Located in the heart of the new St James Quarter, The Wine House serves up an exceptional collection of over 100 wines as well as an array of drinks, cocktail creations and Italian beers.
There's also a fabulous event suite and four luxury, boutique guest rooms.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: 60 function suite, 40 cocktail bar
- No. overnight rooms: 4
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Wine tastings and dinners, DJs and acoustic music in the cocktail bar at weekends.
- Capacity: 35 (8 outdoors)
- Open since: June 2018
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 29
- House wine: £20 per bottle