- Telephone 0131 322 6868
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun 9am–5pm; Fri & Sat 9am–10pm.
- Seasonal times Festival and summer: open in the evening.
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–5pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun; available until closing times, which are fluid.
- Pre-theatre price 2 course £11.95 and 3 course £14.95 daytime menu is available early evening during the summer months.
- Website www.scottskitchen.co.uk
Victoria Terrace venue from the Howies stable, offering an appealing mix of daytime dining across a contemporary room and outdoor terrace.
In the city’s tourist heart, Scotts Kitchen is a great find. Perched above Victoria Street, the latest offshoot from the Howies stable is a delightful daytime venue that confidently covers a huge amount of ground. A bright, contemporary interior, lined with wine bottles and artisan coffee, stretches from all-day breakfasts through brunch to afternoon cakes, prosecco and grazing nibbles. Belhaven hot-smoked salmon peps up popular eggs Benedict, alongside runny, honey-drenched porridge and a pair of pick-me-up smoothies. Familiar favourite Cullen skink appears on great-value lunch deals, together with couscous and roast butternut squash, croque monsieur and a crispy chorizo-flecked mac and cheese. Blackboard specials feature the likes of venison casserole, or try one of a trio of sharing boards packed with Scottish cheeses, charcuterie and Au Gourmand sourdough bread. Whisky flights and a handful of cocktails complement the wine list. Early evening dining emerges in summer when the year-round outdoor terrace bursts into life at a venue that is too good to be just a Harry Potter trail secret.
Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks, Scotts Kitchen is proudly perched on Victoria Terrace overlooking Victoria Street. As you walk into Scotts you are met with an abundance of baking which has been freshly made on site that morning. At breakfast, dishes include the Scotts Big Breakfast, eggs benedict and gourmet filled rolls; at lunch and dinner look forward to homemade soups, croque monsieur, vibrant salads, locally sourced charcuterie and small plates. The drinks list boasts an impressive selection of wines, craft beer, cocktails and artisan softs.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Capacity: 36
- Largest group: 36 and 60 for a standing function
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £20.80 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.