- Telephone 0141 423 4074
- Bar open Sun-Tue noon-11pm; Wed-Sat noon-midnight
- Food served Sun-Tue noon-9pm; Wed-Sat noon-10pm
- Pre-theatre price £20 / £30 (2 mains for 2 people with bottle of wine, various midweek deals)
- Website www.brodies.bar
Family-friendly bar and restaurant in a prime spot next to Queen's Park, with cocktails, craft beers and plenty of gins, plus upscale pub food.
Since its arrival in June 2017, the homely Brodies has brought comforting, upscale pub food to Strathbungo. Located right by Queen’s Park at it’s northernmost point on Pollokshaws Road, it’s a welcoming spot with a sleek, modern bar and a separate eating area with exposed brick walls and a wood fireplace. If you’re worked up an appetite, the portions are incredibly generous. The menu focuses mostly on time-honoured classics, such as the juicy hot chilli beef burger, and the fish and chips – haddock with a delightfully light batter. It’s a quintessentially family-friendly establishment that’ll please large groups with plenty for kids and an impressive vegetarian and vegan menu, too. And if it’s just a drink after a long day you're looking for, Brodies has 64 gins, 48 rums and 13 beers on tap. An impressive all-rounder.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Laid pack pop/rock
- Live entertainment: Acoustic performances on Sundays.
- Capacity: 109
- Largest group: 40 (food) / 60
- Open since: June 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £15 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.