Williams and Johnson Coffee Co
Situated in Leith’s creative and collaborative Custom Lane, this independent roastery and café specialises in seasonal single origin coffees.
Artisan coffee roasters who supply over 20 independent venues in Edinburgh alone, Williams and Johnson Coffee Co are now roasting in their own stylish café in Custom Lane. A fresh coffee aroma fills the minimalist, contemporary space, which is part of a creative, collaborative centre for design and making, with regular exhibitions and events. Duo behind the scenes Todd Johnson and Zachery Williams, carefully select seasonal single origin coffees (which change four times yearly) and sell whole or freshly ground. An appetising although limited range of food sits alongside their finely crafted coffee, including cakes like Glutteny’s fudge-tastic gluten-free salted caramel brownies, fresh pastries from Quay Commons, daily soup, freshly filled baguettes and bagels. Ingredients and suppliers are given as much attention as the coffee, with a strong ethos on supporting and collaborating with local independents. Keep an eye out for weekend pop-ups.
- High point: Coffee roasted and prepared on site
- Low point: Limited options for those with special dietary requirements
- Notable dish: Guatemalan Single Origin Espresso
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclectic mix
- Capacity: 20 (20 outdoors)
- Open since: 2017