- Telephone 0131 229 5989
- Seasonal times Winter: Tue–Sun noon–1am.
- Bar open Tue–Sun 11–1am. Closed Mon.
- Average price £10 (lunch); £10 (evening meal)
A cocktail-loving tiki den with a breathtaking selection of rums.
Now firmly established near the Grassmarket after a move from Melville Place in 2017, the new 52 Canoes fully embraces its tiki bar theme. The word ‘aloha’ printed on the window welcomes guests into a bar decked out like a grass-roofed Hawaiian hut and the interior is bright and fun. The lengthy cocktail list only touches upon the range of drinks the staff will serve up if you ask them; with 150 rums, 22 gins and the rest of the back bar there are plenty of options. Food is simple and plentiful and they're planning a series of world-themed monthly street food menus for the warmer months.
- Provides: Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Weekend DJs and occasional live music.
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £15 per bottle