Honeycomb & Co
- Telephone 0131 228 4641
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8.30am–5pm; Sat 8:30am–5:30pm; Sun 9am–5:30pm.
- Seasonal times Dinner – during Festival
- Bar open Mon–Fri 7.30am–6pm; Sat 8am–6pm; Sun 8am–6pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.30am–5pm; Sat 8am–5pm; Sun 8am–6pm.
- Website www.honeycombandco.com
Bright and sunny addition to the Bruntsfield scene with strong breakfast options, cheerful lunches and homemade baking and ice-cream.
In its enviably sun-soaked spot set back from busy Bruntsfield place, bright and cheery Honeycomb & Co blurs the distinction between café and bistro. Mornings see a concise breakfast menu, including choices like shakshuka, granola and avo toast. Lunch sees a handful of seasonally changing plates like macaroni, pho and lamb salad (if you’re lucky, the shakshuka may still be on for lunch). Apart from a Company Bakery sourdough, everything is made in-house including ice-cream whipped up in the discarded machines they found languishing in the basement. There’s a lot of experience and thought gone into this venture and it shows – not least in the pricing. That said, the confident, well-sourced food and sunny welcome means locals are positively buzzing about it.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Capacity: 40 (18 outdoors)
- Largest group: 10
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: 18 per bottle