Beaumartin - The Cottage
- Telephone 0141 258 1881
- Food served Tue 5–11pm; Wed–Sat noon–11pm; Sun 12.30–4pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Wed–Fri noon–8pm; Fri/Sat noon–6pm
- Pre-theatre price £18.50
- Website www.beaumartinthecottage.co.uk
A cosy new location in Bearsden for the French-Scottish team previously behind Bistro Beaumartin and Le Chalet Beaumartin.
There are very few restaurants in Glasgow at which the chef-patron will greet tables with the day’s specials, informing guests of new dishes for an imminent menu transition or explaining that the homemade ice-cream should be just about set by dessert. Yet, this is not an unusual sight at this sleepy outpost in Bearsden, where a compact and historic white cottage is now the site of an intimate, 32-cover restaurant, which, in commitment to using organic, local produce, is, if not redefining what French cuisine is to its Gaelic audience, certainly giving it a more progressive voice. A well-priced market menu contains an appealing trio of cod, grey mullet and brown trout dressed in a caper and lemon butter, complemented by some star veg, namely caramelised shallots and roasted courgette. Special of the day, corn-fed chicken, is accompanied by a generous helping of sautéed wild mushrooms and spiced couscous. If the move from the city centre residence has allowed proprietor Richard Dupupet to loosen some of the culinary shackles at Beaumartin – The Cottage (bourguignon and steak frites are conspicuous by their absence here), then Bearsden is most certainly the beneficiary for the change.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 32
- Largest group: 17
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £17 per bottle