- Telephone 0141 552 1218
- Opening times Sun–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am.
- Bar open Fri/St 11am–1am
- Food served Mon–Thu 10:30am–9pm; Fri/Sat 10:30am–10pm; Sun 10:30am–9pm.
- Website www.monterey-jacks.com
Glasgow branch of the US-styled Scottish burger chain, dishing out the buns, dogs, pizzas and more.
With branches scattered through Central Scotland, Monterey Jack’s has come to town, joining the busy diners that nestle under the fairy-lit canopy of Merchant Square. Spread over two levels, with a cocktail bar upstairs and the restaurant underneath, the US-style menu is exhaustive, with a wide range of burgers, hotdogs and pizza in a dizzying array of combinations. The M’Rockin lamb burger, the patty a mix of lamb and diced chorizo, is topped with a huge chunk of goat’s cheese and a tasty beetroot salsa, while the Desperado beef burger, is fiery hot, with tomato salsa and jalapeños and the surprise crunch of tortilla chips. All the burgers are served skewered with a steak knife with a gherkin on the end, and sides can be as simple as chunky fries or onion rings or as extravagant as barbecue pork and cheese fries, smothered in pulled pork, melted cheese and pickles. To finish, find room for the Alabama chocolate fudge cake with strawberries, cream and white chocolate sauce. With a wide range of shakes, ice-cream, draught beer and herbal teas, Monterey Jack’s endeavours to have something for everyone.
- Delivery: Deliveroo £1.50 typically
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 16
- Open since: December 2018
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £16 per bottle