The Ladle Inn
- Telephone 0141 334 2312
- Food served Tue-Sun noon–10pm. Closed Mon.
- Average price £13 (lunch); £13 (evening meal)
In recent years Partick has become Glasgow’s go-to area for Chinese food. The discerning international community at nearby Glasgow University vote with their feet if a place is producing good food or equally if it does not make the grade. New addition the Ladle Inn earned quite the buzz in its first few months and it is easy to see why. The food on offer represents the hallmarks of Chinese cuisine and covers all the bases – if you have a favourite dish, it’s probably on the menu. Although a few out-there choices are worth taking a chance on. Regional dishes from around China such as Xiangxiang beef or lamb set the Ladle Inn apart from the average Chinese restaurant. A couple of Malaysian-style curries (fragrant, coconutty and memorable) are the only slight departure for a menu that is solidly Chinese at a time when Pan Asian menus abound. The premises are small and chic. Dark wood, black leather seats and flowers at each table reflect the Ladle Inn’s intentions as more of a sit-down restaurant than a glorified takeaway – a rarity in this part of town.
- High point: Unique Chinese dishes on offer
- Low point: If busy, can be hard getting help translating the menu
- Notable dish: Xiangxiang lamb
- Delivery: JustEat
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi