- Telephone 0141 339 8972
- Food served Mon–Fri 7am–7pm; Sat 8am–7pm; Sun 9am–7pm
- Average price £9 (lunch)
A chic artisan Italiano coffee shop just a few short steps from Partick subway – ideal for breakfast, lunch or evening dawdling.
Perched on the corner of Dumbarton Road and Vine Street this buzzing little venue is well placed to catch shoppers and Partick Subway travellers. A light and airy artisan spot, it has a streetwise hipster vibe with its natural wood shelving, stripped grey brick walls, comfortable booths and a line of high chairs along the massive windows. A large menu spreads above the serving area announcing a broad selection of hand-crafted coffees, cold drinks, smoothies and a rich, malty leaf tea served with a dinky egg timer to help get the brew just right. Breakfast favourites include porridge, crêpes and pastries, while lunchtime offers sandwiches, paninis, focaccia and bakes including a splendid authentic-tasting tiramisù with springy coffee-tinged sponge topped with lightly whipped mascarpone. The owners are hoping to recreate their success elsewhere in the city with talk of a small chain in the offing.
- High point: Great Italiano coffee
- Low point: Cool-looking high stools could do with a cushion for long visits
- Notable dish: Tiramisù
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Acoustic pop
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2016