- Telephone 0131 225 4779
- Opening times Mon–Thu 11am–10pm; Fri & Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 11am–9pm.
- Seasonal times Planned later openings during the Fringe but still TBC
- Food served Mon–Thu 11am–10pm; Fri/Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–10pm.
- Website barburrito.co.uk
Super speedy, tasty Mexican food, available to take away or as a casual, sit-in meal.
If you’re looking for cheap, tasty and seriously speedy Mexican food one of Barburrito’s three city-centre locations will certainly satisfy your cravings. Situated on Forrest Road, Shandwick Place and Lothian Road, each branch is ideal for a quick bite on the go or a more leisurely meal washed down with a couple of beers or bottomless soft drinks. The usual suspects – burritos, quesadillas, nachos or tacos – are all on offer. There's also a superfood burrito, containing four of your five a day, with crunchy slaw instead of rice making a lighter alternative. Low-carb burrito bowls are available too, without the wrap. Meat fillings consist of chicken, chorizo, pulled pork and beef, but veggies and vegans are well catered for, with delicious garlicky, spicy mushrooms alongside the usual fried peppers and onions. Desserts aren’t really a big feature, but if you do fancy something sweet why not round off your meal with some freshly fried churros?
- Delivery: Via Deliveroo and Just Eat
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Latin American pop
- Capacity: 19 tables
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0