- Telephone 0131 225 4779
- Opening times Mon–Thu 11am–10pm; Fri & Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 11am–9pm.
- Seasonal times Open longer during the festival
- Food served Mon–Wed 11am–9.30pm; Thurs 11am–10pm; Fri 11am–1030pm; Sat 11.30am–10.30pm; Sun noon–9pm.
- Website barburrito.co.uk
Colourful Tex-Mex fast food restaurant for a casual bite or take away.
Barburrito brought their brash, bold, burrito bar brand from LA to the UK back in 2005. Fourteen years later, it has spread to 22 locations, from stations to shopping centres. Edinburgh has four for a Mexican-style pitstop – one at the airport and three in the city centre at Shandwick Place, Lothian Road and Forrest Road. While there are also nachos, tacos and quesadillas, the core offering is of course the burrito, with a choice of fillings. However, some, like chicken and chorizo, cost a little extra, while you’ll need to add guacamole as an extra to your classic burrito. For the carb-conscious, there’s the wrap-less naked burrito, while in the superfood version, slaw replaces rice. Add sides like dirty fries, and wash down your wrap with bottomless soft drinks, while beer and cider are also available. Ping-pong and table football provide the entertainment.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop, hip hop
- Capacity: 76
- Largest group: 76
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0