- Telephone 0131 225 4779
- Opening times Mon–Thu 11am–10pm; Fri & Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 11am–9pm.
- Seasonal times Planned later openings during the Fringe but still TBC
- Food served Mon–Thu 11am–10pm; Fri/Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £8.50 (lunch); £8.50 (evening meal)
- Website barburrito.co.uk/restaurants/…
Fast and tasty Tex-Mex food, no thrills, just quick turnarounds and easy lunch/dinner options.
Whether it’s for a quick lunchtime visit, or a late finish pick-me-up, there’s a lot to be said for Barburrito. These guys are skilled at whipping up quick, tasty – and often healthy – fast food for the masses, with streamlined precision. The latest branch is in a prime location on Forrest Road (you’ll also find them on Shandwick Place and Lothian Road), welcoming swarms of lunchtime school children, students, and perfectly positioned for the festival rush of August. Pick your preferred vessel (burritos, tacos, nachos or quesadillas), then get ready to load it up with your choice of shredded pork, chicken, beef, or roasted veggies and top with endless options such as guacamole, jalapeños, and salsas – varying in potency and spice – to seal the deal. No forks required, just sit and devour with your bare hands. These offerings are tightly packed and delicious – expect good bang for your buck. There’s also an impressive superfoods burrito, covering four of your five-a-day in one fell swoop. Children will be taken care of with the rather sweetly named bambino menu, and there’s even table football through the back for bonus entertainment.
- High point: Convenient and delicious Tex-Mex for those on-the-go
- Low point: Mainly takeaway, so not much atmosphere for those sitting in
- Notable dish: Chicken quesadillas
- Delivery: Via Deliveroo and Just Eat
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Latin American tunes
- Capacity: 19 tables but mostly takeaway service
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2016