Caffè da Sara
- Telephone 07473 932717
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–5.30pm; Sat 9am–5.30pm; Sun 10am–5.30pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–5.30pm; Sat 9am–5.30pm; Sun 10am–5.30pm
- Average price £8 (lunch)
Cosy Italian café on Queen Margaret Drive serving up simple and traditional flavours to a high standard
The Italian tradition of warm hospitality emanates from the cosy confines of Caffè da Sara. Everyone is treated like a regular here, and the chatty staff juggles the constant demand for takeaway and the needs of their sit-in customers with an effortless efficiency, ensuring that even at their busiest times, things never get too hectic. In the short time since assuming new ownership and consequently rebranding from Smile Café, changes to the menu have gradually been implemented, most notably the addition of hot pasta specials at weekends and freshly baked desserts including cheesecakes, tarts and the bestselling tiramisù. These sit alongside a sandwich selection rich in fresh ingredients and tantalising Mediterranean flavours; served on ciabatta or focaccia, the fillings range from the trusty and traditional Genova – mozzarella, tomato and pesto – to the slightly more adventurous yet equally satisfying Lupinata with smoked provolone cheese and wild broccoli.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Italian pop
- Capacity: 16 (4 outdoors)
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0