- Telephone 0141 328 6867
- Opening times Wed–Fri 10am–5pm; Sat & Sun 10am–5pm; closed Mon & Tue.
- Average price £8 (lunch)
A compact and contemporary Partick café specialising in homemade pizzas, with nicely priced sandwiches, waffles and good coffee adding to the enticement.
It might be wee but this family business run by a husband and wife team sports an ambitious menu for such a small kitchen. Situated on the last few blocks at the Thornwood end of Partick, its tiny shop front opens into a cosy room with a spray of reclaimed mirrors, bespoke benches, five or six tables and three high stools looking out to the world. Breakfasts are popular here, with eggs benedict/florentine, homemade waffles drizzled with maple syrup and beautifully light pancakes vying for attention on a hand-drawn specials board screaming with lively ingredients. Lunch includes a selection of hand-made pizzas with thin crusty bases made with proper 00 flour, offering a choice of toppings including a rich and tasty mozzarella, tomato and pesto. Everything is made in house and the service is personal and friendly. There’s also talk of expansion soon so this plucky little venue might not be ‘wee’ for much longer.
- High point: A friendly, laid-back environment
- Low point: A heavy door – push hard
- Notable dish: Pizza
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Contemporary acoustic
- Capacity: 20
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2016
- BYOB: £2.50 corkage (For all drinks, beers,spirits etc)