- Telephone 0131 629 9825
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–7pm; Sat 9am–7pm; Sun 10am–6pm.
- Seasonal times Summer hours: open until 10pm Thu–Sat.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–7pm; Sat 9am–7pm; Sun 10am–6pm.
- Website www.machina-espresso.co.uk
Machina Espresso's second branch brings their fastidious attention to detail to busy Nicolson Street.
This second branch for coffee experts Machina Espresso opened in 2016, expanding their mini-empire to two cafés, online sales, an in-house roastery and coffee consultancy. Whether you are a die-hard coffee fanatic or simply passing by, the Nicholson Street branch is a cool but casual spot for catching up and enjoying a caffeine fix made with real attention to detail. As well as cakes, pastries and bagels, menu options include a new range of smoothie bowls, sandwiches and generous salads, including roasted butternut squash with prosciutto and feta, piled high with colourful crispy leaves, sugar snap peas and pumpkin seeds. Summer opening hours have also been extended – there’s now a simple but enticing evening menu of meat and cheese platters, along with a selection of wines by the glass and craft beers.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Staff choice
- Live entertainment: Acoustic music
- Capacity: 24 (6 outdoors)
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4