- Telephone 0131 281 4947
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–10pm.
- Average price £10 (lunch); £10 (evening meal)
Gyoza, sushi, buns and noodles – it's all going on in Dai Pai's celebration of Asian street food.
Dai Pai offers a little bit of everything, and in a predominantly student area, its keen pricing and funky reclaimed-style furniture are sure to serve it well. The idea is more or less a buffet: hot food like chicken curry and spicy bean tofu is ready to go on top of noodles or rice, with sushi, gyozas and hirata buns further along the line. The buns have all the right textures going on, although the generous fillings make for a messy meal. Their sushirrito – basically a sushi burrito – is an interesting concept but their salmon/rice ratio means the flavour of the salmon doesn’t stand out. Dai Pai could do with some refinement, but all the same, it makes for a fun lunch pit-stop.
- High point: It's a bit different
- Low point: The skelf-tastic rough and ready furniture
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/university-of-edinburgh/daipai?day=today&rpos=0&time=ASAP
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access
- Open since: 2017