From the band that brought you Slouch, Strip Joint is a new Finnieston bar playing tunes, serving pizza, flipping burgers and pouring tank beer.
Where others have tried and failed, this new addition to already bustling Finnieston might just have cracked the pre-Hydro music bar situation. While you might not find any particular style of music represented, you will find many different kinds – Strip Joint is a chameleon, they'll change to suit the environment. The menu is likewise a smorgasbord of options with pizza, burgers and steaks all represented. The Bump and Grind burger is a real meatfest with patty, black pudding and haggis fritter, while the Great Balls of Fire pizza encompasses spicy chorizo, crushed chillies and buffalo mozzarella in spades. Krusovice lager is piped in, meaning no air gets to it, yet the real rockstar in this place is a crisp pint of Lagunitas IPA from California. Though it might not quite be imbued with soul just yet, let's hold out and see if this new number is a hit.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock n' roll
- Live entertainment: Acoustic duo's and soloists, Wednesday night comedy.
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £15 per bottle