The Jaffle Joint
- Telephone 0131 657 2922
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10.30am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 10.30am–1am.
- Average price £9 (lunch); £9 (evening meal)
Entertaining café-bar full of games, music, and toasties.
It may sound like another speakeasy, but The Jaffle Joint is actually an homage to the humble toasted sandwich, ‘jaffle’ being Australian for a toastie – specifically those of the puffy pocket variety. This joint’s menu is all jaffles, all the time. The day begins with an Eggscuse me, filled with spinach, mushroom, eggs and cheese, or a Face full o’ breaky, with haggis, egg and bacon. There are also Avocuddle’s on offer (avocado, chilli flakes and feta), with pancake jaffles for dessert right up to 1am. Activities are many and varied, with Pacman, Space Invaders, crafts and live music for players of all ages. The drinks menu also reflects the family-friendly atmosphere, with a good selection of juices, milkshakes, teas and coffee in addition to beer, wine and cocktails. The traditional pub interior has been brightened up with colourful splashes of paint, but retains the cosy feel of a good boozer.
- High point: A fun, friendly place to visit at any time of day
- Low point: Whipped cream from a can
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 90s feelgood
- Live entertainment: Live music, open mics, family music sessions, craft club, retro games.
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time