L'Etoile Salon de Tea
- Seasonal times Festival: Mon–Fri 8.30am–7.30pm; Sat/Sun 8.30am–8pm.
- Food served Mon–Sun 8.30am–6pm.
- Average price £5.50/£5.95 (set lunch)
French café serving breakfast, lunch and patisserie just off the Grassmarket.
L’Etoile Salon de Tea is a cute wee French café just off the Grassmarket. Serving breakfast, lunch, patisserie and strong coffee, the place is worth seeking out among the many touristy traps in this area. The tartines are fab, generous slabs of French sourdough bread topped with béchamel sauce, charcuterie, cornichons and melted cheese, well presented with a fresh little salad. Popular with the French ex-pat community, service is super friendly and brings a welcome little piece of France to this corner of the Old Town.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: French radio
- Live entertainment: Maybe live entertainment in future.
- Capacity: 14
- Largest group: no bookings
- Open since: 2016