Barrelhouse Bar & Grill
- Telephone 0131 661 0811
- Seasonal times Hogmanay & free fringe venue in the festival.
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
A local Louisiana roadhouse offering blues, beer, cocktails, North American-inspired food and an impressive beer garden.
One of Heineken's Star Pubs and Bars, literally, as it scooped two awards in its first year of business. Barrelhouse stands out around Jock's Lodge, as does the neon God of Hellfire behind the bar (Arthur Brown's fiery tune may well end up playing on loop in your head). The large space, unfinished style and voodoo theme lends itself to regular live music tending towards jazz and blues. Sister venues the Espy and 52 Canoes pop up on the menu in the form of special burgers alongside North American-inspired philly cheesesteaks, enchiladas, wings and ribs. Daily specials like steak and gumbo are joined by playful cocktails and desserts with interesting, if sometimes confusing, flavours. The Blue Cacao and white chocolate mousse is an experience. Outdoors is a fine beer garden with its own bar, smokehouse and spit, and sometimes even some Scottish sun.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock, jazz & blues
- Live entertainment: Music every Thu 9–11pm; blues sessions Sun 4–6pm. Occasional special events & Open Mics. Quiz on Tuesdays.
- Capacity: 140 (65 outdoors)
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £17.50 per bottle