The Spanish Butcher
- Telephone 0141 406 9880
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–midnight Fri/Sun noon–1am
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu noon–6pm, Fri/Sat noon–5pm, Sun 5pm–6pm
- Pre-theatre price £17
- Website www.spanishbutcher.com
Stylish restaurant with superior Spanish meat, served New-York steakhouse style.
As soon as you walk in to the softly lit interior of The Spanish Butcher, which resembles (in the best possible way) a restaurant Mad Men's Don Draper might frequent, you know you are in for a sophisticated dining experience. Specialising in cuts of Galician beef, imported from Spain and dry-aged for a minimum of 35 days, the prices can be on the high side. If you are on a budget, the thoughtfully-crafted set lunch/pre-theatre menu is priced at £17 for two courses, or £21 for three. Sides cost extra, but £4 for manchego truffle fries is money well spent. Try the light starter of pickled beetroot with radish, payoyo cheese, rainbow chard and toasted pistachio. The fillet burger is filling and tender but let down by a slightly soggy bun. By far the highlight of this set menu is the chocolate and olive oil mousse, which comes in a rich, thick dollop topped with toffee and almond bizcocho. There are numerous other deals available including ‘Galician Sunday’ which offers a roast rump of beef for two for £42, including appetisers.
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funk/soul/chilled out
- Capacity: 75
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13 (includes sparkling)
- House wine: £20 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best steak in Glasgow31 May 2018
Restaurants in the city that are serious about steak
From true Argentinian steakhouses to prime Scottish cuts, Glasgow has a number of restaurants that cater to the carnivore.
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.