- Telephone 0131 466 4873
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–3pm & 5.30–10pm; closed Sun.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–3pm, 5.30–10pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
Reasonably priced Korean takeaway, with the option to sit in.
An underwhelming frontage leads into this cosy café-style Korean restaurant serving fast food to the folks of Marchmont. With few tables and décor not high on their priorities, O’Kitchen is aimed at those looking for a quick kimchi fix and reliable Korean takeaway. Embracing their national dish, the humble cabbage appears regularly on the menu; kimchi dumpling, kimchi pancake, kimchi stew and even kimchi pizza – offering an interesting Italian-Korean fusion. To go alongside the spicy pickled delicacy is a selection of rice, noodle and soup dishes. Although the beef bulgogi is well-marinated and some tasty flavours come through, it’s tough, and the rice with onion and pepper needs more seasoning. The bokkeum champpong (seafood noodle stir fry), however, is piled with mussels, prawns, squid and more, and the tangy sauce clinging to the noodles gives it a real punch. Have a can of whatever bright, syrupy, imported soft drink they’ve got in the fridge to wash it all down.
- High point: Food is prepared quickly
- Low point: Chewy beef
- Notable dish: Korean dumplings
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 12