Small and simply furnished Stockbridge favourite serving superb sushi.
Occupying an upper-level space on pretty St Stephen Street, Kenji enjoys a loyal local following. It’s a modest, but well-organised space, with mirrors and glass doors illuminating the front room plus a mezzanine level where you can perch. While the dining area may be somewhat small, the menu is anything but – a full page of starters is followed by an extensive sushi selection plus the usual hot noodle and curry offerings. Some of the sauces are a bit sweet but overall quantity does not diminish quality and Kenji manages to be one of those do-it-all Japanese places that pulls most things off well. Crazy salmon roll and sizzling platters of teriyaki salmon, chicken or ribeye with a side of miso soup hit the spot and this reasonably-priced wee place makes for a worthy detour if you’re strolling the Georgian streets of the New Town.
- Delivery: Deliveroo – https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/new-town/kenji-sushi-edinburgh
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 26
- Largest group: 26
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
- BYOB: £3 per bottle, £1 per can. corkage