- Telephone 0333 210 0017
- Bar open Mon–Thu 8am–midnight; Fri 8am–1am; Sat 9am–1am; Sun 10am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–10pm; Sat 9am–10pm; Sun 10am–9pm.
- Average price £19 (lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Website drakeandmorgan.co.uk/the-refinery-st-andrew-square/
A distinctive, landmark bar set over two floors in the heart of St Andrew Square.
Part of the recent regeneration of the South side of St Andrew Square, the Refinery is the first Scottish emissary of London-based megapub chain Drake & Morgan. A distinctive, landmark bar set over two floors, it does a reasonable job of being all things to all customers, from daytime family-friendliness to a space for crowds of after-work drinkers and a clubbier, DJ-led atmosphere on weekend evenings. The bright, modern interior is good for large parties. Cocktails and wine lists are impressive, while the extensive food menu is a step up from standard bar food – salads, burgers, brunches and steaks are joined by specials like tender braised beef casserole served with creamy polenta. Fashionable sharing plates also appear, including chicken satay and a scotch egg with chorizo. All in this is a versatile, popular new entry for city centre bar-goers.
- Private dining: 120 standing; 50 seated.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 220 (20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 400 standing at a full venue hire.
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 28
- House wine: £20 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best restaurants for groups and parties in Edinburgh31 May 2018
Restaurants in the capital that welcome large groups
In search of somewhere that can confidently cater to your party? Here's the spots we think are the best for dining in large numbers, whether it's a birthday bash, an office party or just an overdue catch up.