- Telephone 0333 210 0017
- Bar open Mon–Thu 8am–midnight; Fri 8am–1am; Sat 9am–1am; Sun 9am–10pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–10pm; Sat 9am–10pm; Sun 9am–9pm.
- Website drakeandmorgan.co.uk/the-refinery-st-andrew-square/
Stylish St Andrew Square bar laid out over two floors, serving food that is a notch or two above standard pub fare.
Queues at busy times confirm that The Refinery continues to woo the city’s diners and drinkers. A large space over two levels, with some outside tables, the venue has a relaxed vibe which attracts a mixed clientele including local workers, shoppers and tourists. Midweek breakfast and weekend brunch are popular, and a wide-ranging all day menu is served until late. Starters cover all tastes and dietary requirements – smoked aubergine flatbread with roasted peppers, feta and pesto is suitable for vegans, while carnivores could be drawn to a succulent steak taco. For mains, favourites with a twist include haggis and beef burger or a fish finger sandwich. They sit alongside a monkfish curry or flavour-packed chicken breast with Asian vegetables that showcase the versatility in the kitchen. And, to finish, desserts such as summer berry crumble or chocolate brownie are simple but well executed.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Instrumental
- Live entertainment: DJ Saturday evening
- Capacity: 220 (20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 400 standing at a full venue hire.
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 41
- House wine: £20 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best restaurants for groups and parties in Edinburgh31 May 2018
Restaurants in the capital that welcome large groups
In search of somewhere that can confidently cater to your party? Here's the spots we think are the best for dining in large numbers, whether it's a birthday bash, an office party or just an overdue catch up.