- Telephone 0131 553 1078
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun noon–11pm; Fri & Sat noon–11.30pm.
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–11.30pm.
- Average price Mezze Banquet - £32 (minimum 2 people); £21 (evening meal)
- Website www.kezbanedinburgh.co.uk
All dishes come from a BBQ charcoal grill at this Leith-based Mediterranean-style restaurant.
New-kid-on-the-block Mediterranean restaurant Kezban has quickly established itself among the enticing array of restaurants dotted near Leith's Shore. With colourful Turkish mosaic lamps hanging from the high ceilings, a charcoal BBQ grill in the kitchen and Mediterranean music on the stereo, Kezban has a definite sensory hedonistic charm. On the menu, there's a vast number of both hot and cold mezze from izagara kofte (juicy charcoal-grilled meatballs) to creamy cacik (cucumber with Turkish yoghurt) which partner perfectly with warm Turkish bread – ideal either as a starter or sharing lunch. For mains, try the patlicani kebab – charcoal-grilled chicken on aubergine accompanied by fluffy bulgar – or one of their tempting lamb or seafood options. Round things off with rich, sweet and sticky baklava, perfect with a refreshing Turkish tea. Filling up quickly at the weekends, it's worth booking ahead – this venue has already earned a deservedly faithful following, hungry for their next slice of Turkish delight.
- High point: Temptingly wide array of mezze dishes
- Low point: Dessert options are limited
- Notable dish: Izagara kofte
- Delivery: £1.50/£2 depending on location
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mediterranean mix
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle