Bright and welcoming Mediterranean restaurant in Leith with an emphasis on authentic Turkish specialities.
A visit to Kezban should be available on prescription for those suffering from post-holiday blues. Brightly coloured lanterns, tiles and tablecloths, lively music and sweet, smoky aromas transport diners from the Shore in Leith to the shores of the Med. Host Kirsty has a knack for putting everyone instantly at ease while offering expert insight into the numerous menu options. A favourite with Turkish and Kurdish communities, Kezban offers mezze, kebabs, set menus and feasts. There's even a kids' menu which combines mainly meaty options with that essential staple: crisp, piping-hot chips. Load up on dips: patlican tarator combines cool yoghurt with smoky aubergine, providing the perfect accompaniment to complimentary, lightly toasted and salted Turkish bread. Leave plenty of room for mains, mainly featuring chargrills and stews served with rice. The lamb in the mixed skewer is particularly tender, while sebze guvec is a rich stew of tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, aubergines and garlic, cooked in an earthenware pot and topped with cheese. If squeezing in dessert proves impossible, sweet, syrupy pomegranate tea is an excellent substitute.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/leith/kezban
- Private dining: Up to 90 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Up-tempo Middle Eastern, Arabic and Turkish music
- Live entertainment: New Year only.
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle