The Baker's Arms
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 554 4444
- Bar open Mon–Wed 5pm–midnight; Thu noon–midnight; Sat/Sun noon–1am; Sun noon–10pm.
- Food served Mon–Wed 5–10pm; Thu–Sat noon–10pm; Sun 1–8pm.
- Average price £18.50 (lunch); £18.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.thebakersarmsedinburgh.co.uk
Quality food and drinks in a comfortable atmosphere by The Shore.
Gone are the sticky carpets of The Baker’s Arms’ predecessor, stripped back to wooden floors, white walls and twinkly lights. Now this light, bright and inviting space is somewhere you could easily while away an afternoon or evening looking out over The Shore. With a real passion for good ingredients, owners Rhiannon and Jamie have got the basics very right. Broad beer and wine lists have been carefully chosen and menus change daily, offering local produce prepared with heart, including a roast on Sunday. Pub classics feature in new formats, alongside tasty, comforting options like steak and dumpling stew, special salads and sharing platters featuring fish, meats and pickles smoked and cured in-house. For the indecisive, the team are happy to chat about their favourites, share their knowledge and make recommendations.
Take grain. Mill it, add water, allow yeasts to act and what do you get? Bread? Beer? Either or both! We are here to celebrate them both! Bread and beer are two of the most simple and important forms of sustenance and done right are some of the most glorious. The Bakers Arms is a celebration of that glorious simplicity. We are about local and British craft beer paired with the best of Scottish produce – treated simply and well and served in a relaxed and comfortable setting.
Come join us for the simple pleasures of food, drink and good company.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Laid-back rock and funk classics
- Live entertainment: Wine tasting, games nights, acoustic nights
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: Dec 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £17.50 per bottle