- Telephone 0131 556 6588
- Opening times Mon, Tue & Sun 10am–10pm; Wed & Thu 10am–11pm; Fri 10am–midnight; Sat 10am–1am.
- Food served Tue, Sun 10am–10pm, Wed/Thu 10am–11pm, Fri 10am–midnight, Sat 10am–1am. Closed Mon.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.edens-kitchen.com
Cosy BYOB Turkish and Greek restaurant / pizzeria on Broughton Street with an emphasis on organic and GM-free produce.
With Vino a few doors away and Villeneuve WInes just across the road, Eden's Kitchen might just be the best-positioned BYOB restaurant in Edinburgh. As for the menu, this unique bistro prides itself on GM-free, locally sourced, and mostly organic produce across a breadth of Turkish, Greek and Italian dishes. A selection of hot and cold mezze kicks off the feast. Spinach borek has a satisfying crispiness and a small portion of halloumi leaves you longing for more. Falafel is on the dry side, but aubergine tarator mopped up with freshly baked bread is smoky, tangy and worthy of licking clean. Surprisingly, the gondola-shaped confit lamb pizza, oozing with fior di latte, is a standout main. Dregs of wine are finished off with proper homemade baklava, and while service is by no means exemplary, an inviting, cosy environment means casual diners keep coming back for more.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses)
- Capacity: 20–26
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0
- House wine: 0 per bottle
- BYOB: (Just wine and beer)