- Telephone 0131 556 5333
- Opening times Daily: noon–midnight.
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £20.25 (lunch); £20.25 (evening meal)
The second Rollo, at the top of Broughton Street, focuses on local produce, serving food in an intimate, relaxed setting.
Branching out from the original Stockbridge Rollo on Raeburn Place, this new Broughton Street venue stretches the definition of ‘bar’ just a little bit – it’s more of an upmarket local bistro with a great food menu. Yet its laid-back, informal vibe and love of good wine still ticks a few bar boxes, while the new location attracts a noticeably younger crowd than its big sister down the road. The long dining area is decorated with owner Ailsa Rollo’s own sculptures and is smart, but not ostentatious. Boats have been pushed out though for a well-sourced wine list including champagnes, cocktails and liqueurs. Separated into tapas-style bites (like a duo of goat’s cheese and roast pork gyoza), larger bowls and plates (the pan-seared beef fillet or fried monkfish are simple but well-prepared mains) and varied sides, the young, talented kitchen's menus combine quality with reasonable prices. So bar or bistro? Ach, who cares! Either way this is a laid-back, fun night out.
- Private dining: Up to 24 covers
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Capacity: 62 (8 outdoors)
- Largest group: 62 (venue booking), 16 (table only)
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 26
- House wine: £18 per bottle