- Telephone 0131 629 4282
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun 11am–10pm; Fri & Sat 11am–midnight.
- Seasonal times See bar opening hours.
- Bar open Winter: Sun–Thu 11am–9pm, Fri/Sat 11am–10pm. Summer: Sun–Thu 10am–10pm, Fri/Sat 10am–midnight..
- Food served Winter: Sun–Thu 11am–9pm, Fri/Sat 11am–10pm. Summer: Sun–Thu 10am–10pm, Fri/Sat 10am–midnight.
- Average price Cheese and charcuterie boxes £7 (small) or £12 (large).
- Website www.vinowines.co.uk
Snug wine bar and merchant piled high with over 100 international wines and nearly as many beers by the can or the bottle.
Capably demonstrating that the redevelopment of Edinburgh’s Waverley Arches site has brought some useful space back into creative good use, one of the largest arches has been turned into a lovely, glass-fronted wine bar and bottle merchant you’ll want to stop and hang around in, even if only for a classy carry-out. The high walls of this snug, but not oppressively cramped, space are piled high with over 100 wines and nearly as many beers by the can or the bottle, the latter mainly sourced from the UK, but also from America, Canada and Australia. With snack-sized boxes of cheese and charcuterie prepared by nearby Gannet & Guga, packets of Smally’s Suffolk biltong and an Enomatic machine to keep open bottles fresh – wine can be drunk by the glass or, with corkage, by the bottle – it’s hard not to recommend Vino for a cultured yet informal after-work drink. You can even bring in a snack from the nearby Food + Flea market, or one of the other vendors along the row.
- High point: An eye-popping range of wine and beer
- Low point: More food options might be nice
- Notable dish: Cheese and charcuterie box
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 25 (16 outdoors)
- Largest group: 27
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £14.95 red, £16.95 white (both including corkage). per bottle