The Voyage of Buck
- Telephone 0131 225 5748
- Bar open Sun–Wed 10am–midnight; Thu–Sat 10am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–10pm (Breakfast Sat/Sun 10am–5pm).
- Average price £16 (lunch); £22.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.thevoyageofbuckedinburgh.co.uk
Creative cocktails with a story and fine food with a twist.
It’s easy to imagine the fictitious William ‘Buck’ Clarence appreciating what the team from Big Red Teapot (of Treacle, Hamilton’s and The Blackbird fame) have done with his old home. A lover of travel, he’d enjoy reliving his adventures through the extensive and entertaining cocktail list. Spreading itself across the cities of Buck’s expeditions, it’s a mini testament to many of the characters he met, like the delicious Anna May Wong. The food also reflects Buck’s appreciation of the finer things in life. Curious ingredients are combined in interesting dishes like guinea fowl, purple potato skordalia, hazelnuts and pomegranate jus. Charcoal ash may not sound like an appetising addition to sea bream and langoustine bisque, but it works. A varied band of locals follow in Buck’s footsteps through lively weekend nights into relaxed brunches, guided by the enthusiastic and efficient team, in surroundings that echo the early 1900s beautifully.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funky and chilled, more lively at the weekend.
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 15
- Open since: 2016 October
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 21
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Reviews & features
Celebrate National Daiquiri Day in Edinburgh as part of Bacardi Rum Month11 Jul 2019
Join Bacardi for their special daiquiri cocktail tasting tour at the Voyage of Buck, Voodoo Rooms and Bullard & Worth
Now in its sophomore year, Bacardi Rum Month is back and hosting 50 events across the UK in July. Bacardi Rum Month brings together the best bars and rum cocktails in the UK for a month-long celebration featuring mojitos, piña coladas and daiquiris.