- Telephone 0131 228 6513
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8.30am–5pm; Sat 9.30am–4pm. Closed Sun.
- Seasonal times August: Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat/Sun 9am–6:30pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8.30am–5pm; Sat 9.30am–4pm. Closed Sun.
A rotating selection of weird and wonderful creations to accompany your flat white at this relaxed location.
Despite its narrow frontage on Bread Street, this bakery/coffee shop is surprisingly spacious and pleasantly uncluttered. The sweet bakes are arguably the star attraction, though the menu has broadened recently to include a daily soup plus a small selection of sandwiches, all produced on the premises. Its unique selling point is its playful attitude to ingredients and flavours. A toffee popcorn, Twix and chocolate slice is a delicious indulgence, while jalapeño and white choc-chip brownies push the boundaries still further. Keep an eye on their social media accounts for details of bi-monthly ‘sconefest’ events, where one-off creations such as manchego cheese, peach and gin scones are quickly snapped up by office workers looking for an end-of-week treat. Service is personable and ethical credentials are front and centre.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 20
- Largest group: no bookings
- Open since: 2016