- Telephone 0131 228 6513
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8.30am–4pm; Sat 9.30am–4pm. Closed Sun.
- Seasonal times Probably later in August – to be confirmed
- Food served Mon–Fri 8.30am–4pm; Sat 9.30am–4pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £6.50 (lunch)
- Website tastybunsbakery.wordpress.com
Cute wee bakery and cafe serving cakes full of character.
Bread Street and West Port are buzzing with independent shops breathing new life into this part of town and Tasty Buns is no exception. Offering quirky and often boozy bakes, all are made with heart and care on the premises and are also available to order for birthdays and special events. Inside, it’s a friendly and cosy atmosphere, deceptively bigger than the shop front suggests, with vintage lamps adding charm. Imaginative cakes in flavours such as pecan, cinnamon and bourbon come in generous wedges, while cheese scones are freshly made with good flavour. Coffee is from Stockbridge roasters Mr Eion and hot chocolate from Edward and Irwyn, while new savoury dishes and sandwiches are being launched in 2017.
- High point: Quirky baking meets friendly service
- Low point: No disabled loo
- Notable dish: Pecan, cinnamon and bourbon cake
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 20
- Largest group: no bookings
- Open since: 2016