Bruntsfield tea house offering quality loose leaf teas and sweet bites.
Determined to bring good tea to more people, Rosevear Tea offers a welcome alternative to the many coffee spots of Bruntsfield. The shop has a range of over 50 teas sourced from quality growers across the world, available to drink in or take away to brew at home. It’s a dainty little place with teas lining the walls and knowledgeable staff on hand to offer advice on what to choose. Teas include black, rooibos and green, such as the vanilla-scented Albius green tea, or the Bruntsfield Breakfast organic blend, a refreshing black tea that’s easy to drink without milk. There’s just a couple of sweet bites on offer but again, these are good quality, such as intense, rich, chocolatey brownies. There are regular tastings, talks and demonstrations and a smaller branch across town in Broughton Street offers the same range.
- High point: Great spot for exploring the world of tea
- Low point: No alternative hot or cold drinks
- Notable dish: Bruntsfield Breakfast organic tea
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Modern jazz
- Live entertainment: No live music but does host tastings and demonstrations.
- Capacity: 15 (2 outdoors)
- Largest group: 15
- Open since: 2016