- Telephone 0141 530 7985
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11.30am–midnight; Sun noon–4pm.
- Food served Mon–Sat 11.30am–11pm; Sun noon–4pm.
- Average price £10.95 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.ibericarestaurants.com/restaurants/…
Chic, upmarket chain with an emphasis on regional Spanish dishes.
Since arriving in London in 2008, Ibérica’s have established seven restaurants in the UK, with this outlet in Glasgow their first foothold in Scotland. An Edinburgh restaurant is planned for 2017. The Glasgow restaurant’s design emphasises the Celtic heritage shared by Northern Spain and Scotland, and includes a set of Asturian bagpipes. Menus are masterminded by decorated executive chef Nacho Manzano, who has amassed three Michelin stars to his name. Drawing from his native region of Asturias, a coastal strip of northwest Spain, the restaurant specialises in Spanish cheeses, breads and, as its name would suggest, Ibérico ham. This is where the restaurant truly excels: small plates of light, sweet Jamón Serrano from acorn-fed white pigs, and salty, intense Jamón Ibérico taken from black pigs and cured for between 24 and 42 months. Tapas give a nod to Asturias’ famous seafood, where octopus served with pimenton de la Vera, a type of smoked paprika, sits alongside mackerel cooked for a single minute in a clam and garlic sauce. The wine list features a knock-out dessert Moscatel, Casta Diva Cosecha Miel, which was served at King Felipe VI of Spain’s wedding. Enjoyed in Ibérica’s atmospheric bar area, or its opulently toned restaurant, one sip is a reminder that what’s good enough for royalty is good enough for the discerning Glasgow palate.
- High point: A sophisticated and nuanced discovery of regional Spain through its most famous dishes.
- Low point: Spanish ingredients aside, hasn't yet tuned into much local sourcing
- Notable dish: Oxtail sandwich with tartare sauce and potato cream
- Private dining: Up to 10 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Atmospheric, chilled house
- Capacity: 113
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2016 September
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 35
- House wine: £21 per bottle
Reviews & features
Win a meal for four at Ibérica in Glasgow
Award-winning Spanish restaurant Ibérica recently opened its doors to its first Scottish restaurant in St Vincent Street, Glasgow. Created from a ‘casual dining’ concept from Ibérica’s Executive Head Chef, Nacho Manzano, who has an impressive three…
Table Talk: Nacho Manzano on how to cook with seaweed15 Nov 2016
The executive head chef of Spanish restaurant group Ibérica describes how he uses seaweed in his cooking
I'm excited about working with seaweed in my restaurant kitchens. We cook a lot with seaweed harvested from the Cantabria coast. Something I like to do is cook fish in hot salt and seaweed. I take a piece of seaweed, lay it on a hot stone, then place a…
Great Spanish dishes according to a Michelin-star chef10 Nov 2016
Executive head chef Nacho Manzano reveals his homeland's finest recipes
Spain is fantastic for food. Eating is like a cult over there, but of course, with so many regions, dishes vary hugely from place to place. For example, on the Cantabria coast, in the north of Spain, the seafood is unique. The very cold water with deep…