- Telephone 0141 530 7985
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11.30am–midnight; Sun noon–4pm.
- Food served Mon–Sat 11.30am–11pm; Sun noon–4pm.
- Average price £10.95 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.ibericarestaurants.com/restaurants/…
Chic, upmarket chain with an emphasis on regional Spanish dishes.
Since arriving in London in 2008, Ibérica’s have established seven restaurants in the UK, with this outlet in Glasgow their first foothold in Scotland. An Edinburgh restaurant is planned for 2017. The Glasgow restaurant’s design emphasises the Celtic heritage shared by Northern Spain and Scotland, and includes a set of Asturian bagpipes. Menus are masterminded by decorated executive chef Nacho Manzano who has amassed three Michelin stars to his name. Drawing from his native region of Asturias, a coastal strip of northwest Spain, the restaurant specialises in Spanish cheeses, breads, and, as its name would suggest, Iberico ham. This is where the restaurant truly excels: small plates of light, sweet Jamon Serrano from acorn-fed white pigs, and salty, intense Jamon Iberico taken from black pigs and cured for between 24 and 42 months. Tapas give a nod to Asturias’ famous seafood, where octopus served with pimenton de la Vera, a type of smoked paprika, sits cheek by jowl with mackerel cooked for a single minute in a clam and garlic sauce. The wine list features a knock-out dessert Moscatel, Casta Diva Cosecha Miel, which was served at King Felipe VI of Spain’s wedding. Enjoyed in Ibérica’s atmospheric bar area, or its opulently toned restaurant, one sip is a reminder that what’s good enough for royalty is good enough for the discerning Glasgow palate.
- High point: A sophisticated and nuanced discovery of regional Spain through its most famous dishes.
- Low point: Spanish ingredients aside, hasn't yet tuned into much local sourcing
- Notable dish: Oxtail sandwich with tartare sauce and potato cream
- Private dining: Up to 10 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Atmospheric, chiiled house
- Capacity: 113
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2016 September
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 35
- House wine: £21 per bottle