Budget-friendly burgers in a busy, informal restaurant on Nicolson Street.
BRGR’s philosophy can be summed up as back to basics, and that's no bad thing when it comes to a burger. Conveniently located near Edinburgh University and the Festival Theatre, it’s a decent option if you just want to grab a quick bite between classes or before a show. The menu features all the classic beef and chicken burgers, plus some more elaborate options with double beef, double cheese or indeed double bacon. Gluten-free buns are available and sides include chicken nuggets and all sorts of fries. There’s also a vegan menu, created with Daring Foods, a Glasgow-based start-up aiming to make GMO and palm-oil free vegan ingredients for fast food restaurants. There are four of their burgers to choose from, plus a chilli cheese bowl. Desserts include ice-creams and some very sweet milkshakes, with tastes ranging from Oreo to strawberry.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/old-town/brgr-edinburgh
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Party anthems
- Capacity: 57
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £4 single serve bottle per bottle