Webster's Bar & Bistro
- Telephone 0141 357 0151
- Bar open Mon–Fri 11am-midnight, Sat 10am–midnight, Sun 10am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Fri 11am–9pm, Sat 10am–9.30pm, Sun 10am–9pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 5–7pm
- Average price £21 (lunch); £21 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £14.95
- Website bistro.webstersglasgow.com
Atmospheric bar-bistro and theatre in a converted old church serving hearty fish, meat and veg dishes.
Having enjoyed success with their theatre-bar-restaurant model in a converted church in Hyndland, it was only a matter of time before the people behind Cottier’s rolled out a bar and kitchen at Kelvinbridge’s Lansdowne Parish Church, which they’ve operated as a theatre for a few years. It’s a far smaller operation here with a few tables clustering the compact bar, and a handful more in an open-fire snug, where diners are seated at upholstered pews. But they’re striving to make this an attractive dining spot on its own merit, much as it remains the theatre that packs people in before showtime (dine after 7.30pm if you like things calm). There’s an emphasis on sharing plates – mussels, chicken wings and veggie and antipasti platters – on the simple bar menu. From the bistro menu, grilled goat’s cheese crostini with red wine poached pear salad is light and fresh. Twice-cooked pork belly in dark red crab bisque sauce is dramatically served with three langoustines propped above it – a kind of contemporised surf ’n’ turf. Discreetly enhanced with tongue-tingling popping candy, chocolate cheesecake with strawberry ice-cream earns a bow at the curtain-call.
- High point: Knowledgeable service from staff who know their menu
- Low point: Can be packed and hectic just before the theatre begins
- Notable dish: Twice-cooked pork belly with langoustines on Colcannon mash in crab bisque sauce
With a European flavour in a converted west end church, at Webster’s bistro we are all about sharing good food with good friends
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 18 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Live entertainment: Live acoustic covers music on Sundays
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Tommy Smith Quartet
The award-winning saxophonist and composer leads the band for a performance of swing, mellow and contemporary jazz, paying homage to jazz icon John Coltrane.
Mon 2 Oct
£16 (£14) / 0141 357 0151
- 19:30 – 22:00
Tommy Smith Quartet: Embodying the Light
The internationally acclaimed saxophonist performs jazz with his quartet.
Mon 2 Oct
£18 / 0141 357 0151
- 19:30 – 22:00