Thomas J Walls
- Telephone 0131 225 7242
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.30am–7pm; Sat/Sun 8am–7pm.
- Average price £9 (lunch)
University area coffee house with a vintage shop interior, offering plenty of seating and good brunch options.
Located in the former opticians of the same name on Forrest Road, Thomas J Walls has thankfully retained the original shop interior with its vintage glass, panelled walls and wooden flooring. Food options include a fresh, photogenic and well-executed brunch menu featuring foodie favourites like avocado, sriracha and shakshuka. Coffee is from Square Mile Coffee Roasters and there’s good quality soy milk for dairy-free drinks. It’s a decent-sized space if you’re trying to find a seat at a busy time and the sunny tables in the window are perfect for watching the world go by.
- High point: Open until 7pm every day
- Low point: Service a bit hit-and-miss
- Notable dish: Bacon, fried egg and avocado roll
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access
- Capacity: 40
- Open since: 2016 August