- Telephone 0131 510 6766
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri noon–1am; Sat 9am–1am; Sun 9am–11pm
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–10pm; Sat/Sun 9am–10pm
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website foundryproject.com
Industrial hipster does smoky cocktails, fat burgers, and the thinnest pizzas known to man.
Dark wood, metallic glints and warm leather tones abound in new opening Foundry 39, thanks to a splashy, urban-inspired makeover. The menu is more or less split between burgers (surprise, said no one ever) and pizzas. The latter bring more of a frisson to the menu, featuring sourdough bases and toppings like smoked salmon with samphire, or jerk chicken with caramelised pineapple. There’s a strong cocktail list for the after-work drinks crowd, plus beer from Innis & Gunn. If none of that floats your boat, breakfast options are strong: expect pancakes, Turkish eggs and a swoonsome-sounding salt beef bubble and squeak.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Upbeat funky classics.
- Live entertainment: Live music - lively on Friday nights and acoustic on Sunday afternoons.
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: July 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £18 per bottle
Win brunch with Bloody Marys at Foundry 39
Our friends over at Foundry 39 will soon be launching their new Sunday Sessions, featuring an afternoon of brunch, Bloody Marys and acoustic music.
Weekly winners of £50 worth of drink and munch at Foundry 39's Friday Music Nights
You and three guests could be in with a chance of spending the evening listening to live music, sampling cocktails and trying out their new menu.