Industrial hipster does smoky cocktails, fat burgers, and the thinnest pizzas known to man.
Everything is exposed in Foundry 39 – the brickwork, the pipes, the lightbulb filaments – but the exposure of the pizza oven’s flames adds warmth to the industry of it all. Said oven produces pizzas that would make an After Eight feel positively rotund. These wafer-thin morsels are juxtaposed by big burgers with flavoursome maple-cured bacon or additions like peanut butter and chilli jam. The generous sides and sharers include more traditional dough balls and wings alongside fried pickles. Washing it all down, the Foundry Project smoke their own spirits to lend a theme to their cocktails and rotating beers range from the established to the innovative, including the likes of Campervan Brewery’s milk stout with a hint of roasted coconut. Live music at the weekend adds to the atmosphere for the West End crowd kicking off with Friday night drinks or those staving off hangovers with Turkish eggs.
- High point: Friendly service in a buzzing atmosphere
- Low point: Some dishes oversell themselves a little
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Upbeat funky classics.
- Live entertainment: Live music - lively on Friday nights.
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: July 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £18 per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time