This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 467 1588
- Opening times Wed/Fri 5.30–10.30pm; Thu 5.30–10pm; Sat noon–2.30pm, 5.30–10.30pm; Sun noon–8pm.
- Bar open Wed–Sat 11.30am–11pm; Sun noon-11pm.
- Food served Wed–Sat 11.30am–3pm, 5.30–10pm; Sun noon–6pm. Closed Mon/Tue.
- Website www.rib-aye.co.uk
From the owners of the Kilted Lobster, Rib-Aye is a steakhouse and whisky bar with a menu offering Scottish beef, lamb, pork and venison.
Hidden away behind Leith's Assembly Rooms, Rib-Aye is a relatively new venture from the owners of the Kilted Lobster. Much effort has been made decorating the space which is significantly bigger than outward appearances would suggest, and the bar area is particularly impressive. For a steakhouse, the menu is extensive: as well as steaks and burgers there are dishes including duck, hake and a selection of hot dogs. It is possible to eat within a budget, although at £20 a bottle, the house wine is rather steep. The steaks don't quite justify their prices; bites of the sirloin alternate between tender and tough and, while the chips are really tasty, they come served with a little too much sea salt. It's a cracking venue with great potential but some of the prices could do with a rethink.
- Music on stereo: Dance music
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £20 per bottle