Cosy, clubby cocktail bar with a compact menu of burgers and nibbley things.
Nightcap opened as a festival pop-up in 2016 and decided to keep going. It’s well worth a visit as it’s one of the most architecturally distinctive bars in the city – a sub-street level room with a warren of 10 alcoves and snugs stretching under the pavement. Anyone involved (it’s the same team behind the St Vincent bar) will tell you it’s actually two bars. Nightcap itself is in the higher level, serving cocktails and table beers, while downstairs Feed offers a sit-down menu of meat and vegetarian burgers, ribs and chicken wings. The distinctions aren’t so visible late at night when the whole place opens up into an atmospheric drinking den, with a foosball table if you’re so inclined.
- High point: A great, atmospheric drinking den
- Low point: The toilets are a bit cramped.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Fringe shows.
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £22 per bottle