Charing Cross bar from the owners of Yesbar with a low-lit, laid-back vibe, burger deals, cocktails and comedy gigs.
Leave behind the busy M8 for Liberté’s dimly lit sophistication, with chesterfield booths and an original fireplace beneath ornate cornicing. The leather-edged bar serves world beer, their own draught and plenty of craft spirits. Cocktail shakers are in constant use with a menu featuring classics, prosecco drinks and Liberté favourites such as the National, a blend of rum, coffee tequila, milk and muddled raspberries to pep you up ready for debate. At lunch the bar is filled with office workers taking advantage of the bargain comfort food dishes and 2-4-1 burger deal. In the evenings the extended menu includes French dishes and mussel pots. Crisp lettuce, quality meat, soft brioche bun and generous toppings of brie and bacon make the Paris burger a winning dish. Chicken wings pack a good heat, cooled by a blue cheese dip and there are several haggis options and a deep fried mars bar for the Scottish angle.
- Private dining: 80 downstairs, 20 on the mezzanine
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chilled out tunes
- Live entertainment: DJs on Fri & Sat night, comedy during Glasgow International Comedy Festival
- Capacity: 46
- Largest group: 10 if all sitting together
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £10 per bottle