- Telephone 0131 556 5967
- Opening times Mon–Wed & Sun noon–midnight; Thu–Sat noon–2am.
- Bar open Sun–Wed noon–midnight; Thu–Sat noon–1pm.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–10pm; Sun noon–8pm.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
The former Spit/Fire has an atmospheric, clubby basement, an impressive range of craft ales plus strong menu options for vegans and others.
Recently taken over by the team behind Safari Lounge, Daylight Robbery is a wee bit hidden in its corner of the New Town. Just off Queen Street and Broughton Street, although not visible from either, the bar (formerly Spit/Fire) is halfway below street level, with another sunken level below that forming an atmospheric, clubby basement used at weekends and for special events. The main room is decorated in an eye-catching combination of bright yellow and shiny white tiles, while the impressive range of craft ales behind the bar is equally modern and pristine. The bar menu mainly focuses on burgers and isn’t particularly extensive, but there are flavours that demand to be sampled, from small plates of Ethiopian-spiced chicken wings and margarita firecracker chillis to mains like pork belly or pea bhaji burritos.
- High point: Inventive non-meat dishes.
- Low point: Not quite on the beaten track.
- Notable dish: Vegan Indian faux fish and chips
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 50 (100 downstairs)
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Events at this venue
House, disco and soul music from Edinburgh DJs Ants Small and Scott Mackenzie. Ideal party vibes or pre-club grooves.
Sat 14 Oct
Free / 07810 565632
- 20:00 – 01:00