- Telephone 0141 620 0434
- Food served Mon–Fri 8.30am–5pm; Sat 9am–6pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £9 (lunch)
An ambitious Giffnock café/bistro serving an inventive all day brunch menu, home-made cakes and coffee.
This Giffnock café-bistro offers a seductive menu of breakfast, lunch and brunch dishes as well as tea, coffee, cakes and a decent wine list. Owner-chef Lucy Hollen sources high-quality ingredients from independent Scottish suppliers. The simple lentil soup, nicely seasoned, comes with a generous slice of warm, crusty Italian bread from Alexander Taylor in Strathaven. Lunchtime sandwiches are presented on small boards with a mound of dressed mixed leaves. Croque with parma ham, béchamel, melted swiss, Dijon mustard, mayo and a fried egg is no light bite and will keep most people going till the evening. Brunch options include an entire hollandaise section – Benedict, Stornoway, Florentine, royale and classic – and a kedgeree fragrant with preserved lemon and fresh herbs, smoked haddock and a perfectly poached orange-yolked Corrie Mains egg. Cakes are house-made and change daily, and can include freshly baked cream doughnuts with a nut, dried banana and chocolate fudge topping.
- High point: Committed to high-quality ingredients and inventive cooking
- Low point: Mains are so generous there is no room for cake
- Notable dish: Kedgeree
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: contemporary easy listening,spotify download
- Capacity: 32
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14 per bottle