- Telephone 0131 556 8092
- Opening times Mon noon–2.30pm & 5–9pm; Tue–Fri noon–2.30pm & 5–10pm; Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 10am–9pm.
- Food served Mon noon–2.30pm, 5–9pm; Tue–Fri noon–2.30pm, 5–10pm; Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 10am–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Must vacate table by 7.15pm
- Average price £12 (set lunch); £21 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £15
- Website educatedflea.co.uk
Creative menu offering new takes, twists and fusions on bistro classics in ample servings
The latest in a run of new openings down Broughton Street, this light, easygoing, 25-seater venue comes from the same stable as popular neighbourhood restaurants Three Birds and The Apiary. A variety of menus from brunch to pre-theatre to specials make for flexi-options at most times of day, with approachable, colourful and up-beat dishes predominating. The main ingredients are what you might expect: salmon, lamb, aubergine, but there's a hip or unusual element on almost every dish, from elderflower-cured biltong to smoked halloumi rosti. Most dishes are gluten-free.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mix / chill
- Capacity: 25
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2016 July
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £15 per bottle