Campervan Brewery and Taproom
- Telephone 07786 566000
- Opening times Fri 5–10pm; Sat 2–5pm.
- Seasonal times May host events during the Festival.
- Bar open Fri 5–10pm; Sat 2–9pm.
- Website campervanbrewery.com
A convivial craft beer taproom and bar in the heart of Leith.
With an atmosphere somewhere between a bar and an extremely DIY members’ club, Campervan Brewery’s weekend taproom is a fabby spot hidden in the depths of Leith, a bustling social hub which appears to have caught on fast. At the start of the evening dog-walkers stop by for a pint in this large industrial warehouse room, while later on a younger crowd gives the bar a more edgy feel. Tables are partitioned off by palettes, the bar is a chipboard bench and the taps are built into colourful adapted skateboards. While limited spirits and wine are available, enjoyment of beer is as much the aim as enjoyment of good company. From the powerful, fruity Cherry Grenade to the more typically ale-like Hoppy Botanist and Leith Juice, there are also some brewery exclusives amid the eight taps on offer (Eteaket rooibos chilli lager was the most unusual choice on our visit). Nearby pizza place Origano will deliver, but plans for a food truck and possible Fringe events are even more exciting.
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 25 (100 for special brewery events), 6 outdoors
- Largest group: 100 (private hire)
- Open since: 2017 (brewery opened in 2015)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £15 per bottle