Carington Mouse's Larder
- Telephone 0131 662 6912
- Opening times Mon–Sat 10am–7pm; Sun noon–7pm.
- Seasonal times During Edinburgh Festival open until 8pm
- Bar open Mon–Sat 9am–5pm.
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–4pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £5 (lunch)
- Website www.mouselarder.com
Small sandwich/deli shop selling locally sourced produce.
Carington Mouse is a lovable mouse that lives in our house and steals all the cheese. We are Daryll and Carey and we run Carington Mouse’s Larder for her.
We have a range of Scottish meats; including haggis, Stornoway black pudding, and venison charcuterie. Scottish cheeses and delicious accompaniments, such as oatcakes, chutney and preserves.
Try our unusual range of bread, baked fresh every morning in Edinburgh – the charcoal loaf is our favourite.
A full range of fine wines, from around the world, that are all sustainably grown and a range of wonderful beers and ales from local Scottish breweries.
We are passionate about local produce and we try to keep things as Scottish as possible and for things that Scotland can’t offer we buy from local, responsible suppliers.
We also offer a range of gourmet rolls, locally baked scones, and Scottish Cheese boards
Please pop in for a look around or sit in for a delicious tea or artisan roast coffee all made with organic Scottish milk of course.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Capacity: 11
- Largest group: 11
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £9.85 per bottle